Gluten-free Baobab Lemon and Coconut Bars
Another healthy snack from the Baobest Kitchen; made with all natural ingredients, including our Baobab Superfruit Powder. This gluten-free treat is one of our favorites due to the intense moisture which is locked in by the addition of applesauce and of course, the chopped dates which are dramatically complemented by the amazing lemon flavor!
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 egg
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- pinch of salt
- 2/3 cup coconut (desiccated is best)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons protein powder
- 2 tablespoons BaoBest Baobab Superfruit Powder
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 5 tablespoons unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/4 cup agave or honey
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- Zest from 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 320 degrees F. Grease and line a 6 inch x 10 inch baking pan.
- Blend oats in a food processor to form a fine powder.
- Place blended oats in a bowl and add baking powder, salt, 3/4 of the coconut (reserving some for top of bars), lemon zest, protein powder, baobab powder, and ground flaxseed. Mix.
- In another bowl, add melted coconut oil, applesauce, egg, and honey or agave then mix.
- Add chopped dates to wet ingredients and mix together.
- Combine wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix well to form loose dough.
- Transfer to your greased and lined baking pan, level with a spatula and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool completely before cutting into bars.
- Calories: 191 calories
- Total Fat: 8 g
- Cholesterol: 23 mg
- Sodium: 15 mg
- Potassium: 127 mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 27 g
- Dietary Fiber: 4 g
- Sugars: 17 g
- Protein:5 g
The values may not be 100% accurate because the recipe has not been professionally evaluated nor has it been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.