Baobab Fruit & Nut Bars
Tired of all the processed snacks at the store? Check out these healthy alternatives to overpriced store-bought treats. The toasted coconut combined with the tangy sweetness of the Blood Orange BaoBites create a hearty, vitamin-packed snack for any time of year!
Yield: 18 servings
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup sunflower seed kernels
- 1/2 cup flaxseed or flaxseed meal
- 1 cup Blood Orange BaoBites
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted dates
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Line baking pan with foil and spray with nonstick spray.
- Spread out the oats, coconut, & sunflower kernels on the pan and bake for 10 minutes at 350.
- When finished, reduce temperature to 300 and place toasted oat mixture into a large bowl then add the BaoBites and dates. Mix until fruit is coated.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, heat butter, honey, maple syrup, brown sugar, and vanilla until it comes to boil – stirring often.
- Boil mixture for a full minute and then immediately combine with the oat & fruit mixture, stirring until coated.
- Next, you’ll want to prepare another baking sheet with foil and spray then press the mixture into an even layer or into a prepared bar-baking pan.
- Bake at 300 for 25 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool bars completely before cutting or removing from bar-baking pan.
- Calories: 200 calories
- Total Fat: 8 g
- Cholesterol: 5 mg
- Sodium: 32 mg
- Potassium: 132 mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 31 g
- Dietary Fiber: 4 g
- Sugars: 21 g
- Protein:3 g
The values may not be 100% accurate because the recipe has not been professionally evaluated nor has it been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.